Thursday, April 17, 2008

E111 - European Health Insurance Card

The European Health Insurance Card has replaced Form E111

If you are a UK resident, you are entitled to medical treatment that becomes necessary when temporarily visiting any European Union (EU) country, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland. Only treatment provided under the state scheme is covered, and will be at a reduced cost or sometimes free. To obtain treatment you will need to take a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with you.

The EHIC has replaced the E111 form, which is now invalid. The new card is free. Application details, and full coverage details are available from:

The EHIC and holiday insurance are complementary and you should consider having both. Some insurance companies require you to have an EHIC and some companies will waive the excess charge if an EHIC has been used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.