Monday, May 4, 2009

NH Jolly Carlton Amsterdam

As promised when I booked my hotel in Amsterdam with Lastminute.com secret hotels, here is a review of the NH hotels Jolly Carlton.

Overview of NH Jolly Carlton

A pretty standard corporate style hotel in a good central location in Amsterdam. Friendly staff.
Excellent value for money when booked through Lastminute.com secret hotels.

Room

Nice bed and well furnished. Good air-con that put the guest in control. A decent TV with BBC1 and Sky News among others. There was even a small balcony which may have been nice in the summer or for example watching the Queens day parades. I particularly liked the toiletries from the bathroom.

General hotel amenities

I didn't really check anything out. The reception was nice and I blagged a few free sweets there, I never had to wait for a lift. I didn't take the breakfast as the hotel is so close to plenty of different options food wise.

Location and surroundings

The Jolly Carlton has an excellent location. I was going to a conference at AIB and was able to use a tram from just around the corner. Also easy to get to from AMS / Schipol airport. I took  a walk up from Central station having got the train. Loads to see and do in the surrounding area, good cafes, bars and a variety of shops as well as a flower market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.