Thursday, October 1, 2009

Burj El Arab Review - Dubai

An account of a trip to the Burj El Arab in Dubai :

I'm going to one of the world's most luxurious hotel, Burj Al Arab in Dubai, and I deeply regret that I accepted to be picked up in the hotel's own white limousines. The guard looks out skeptical until he found my name on the guest list and can confirm that I am one of them. The boom flies up, the gate going into the ground and the duckling may pass.
A man with a red suit, open the piccolo, Give me your hand and help me out. The bags have already been carried away. Ten people with similar outfits greet welcome. A woman splashing some lemon liquid into my hands. I do not know if I should lick it up or wipe it off. I embed my face and trying to look unmoved.

Private butler included
The farther into the great entrance, I will open up the higher ceiling. From the lobby is free visibility about 300 feet straight up. On the 14th floor, I met a new reception and my private butler Hari.
The suite consists of two floors and as many hundred square meters. Windows stretching from floor to ceiling - with the touch of a button opens the curtains to reveal a magnificent view over the sparkling Gulf waters.

Golf cart to the beach
Every time I pass reception down to staff up and smiles. When I leave the room in two minutes is the shoes neatly in a row when I return and the minibar is refilled. I sneeze so no immediate rush forward with a handkerchief.
I unpack my Burj Al Arab-beach bag with all the free stuff that can suit for a day at sea. When I start to walk across the bridge a "res suit" stops me and waves to a golf cart to drive me to the private beach.
Two guys help each other to present towels in different sizes, facial spray with lavender fragrance, deodorant and a chilled face towel. I take a water bottle from the ice filled bucket. One guy immediately hurries forward, taking the bottle from my hands, open it and pour into a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.