Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Booking with Great Late Deals

Looking at Great Late Deals today to see how they shape up.

First price test I did was for the Caledonia Park in Costa Adeje, Tenerife - a three star hotel.

I chose a week in early December and they offered a room for £193 on self catering. I compared this with Cheap hotels in Tenerife / Sunshine who won my previous price challenge, and they offered the same hotel for £197 so clearly GreatLateDeals seem to be very keen on price.

The booking page was fine, I was offered "total financial protection" with no extra charge and was able to pay only the deposit now with the balance approx three months before travel.

For the second challenge I compared a flight & hotel package, trying to get a cheap holiday to Turkey I went to flex holidays and managed to get a late deal to Turkey for a total price for flights & hotel of £275 for two people bed and breakfast at the Swans 1 hotel. Again this turned out be through sunshine The same package at GreatLateDeals was £30 dearer at £304 total cost but to be fair they also offered a 3 star self catering apartment for a total cost together with the flights of £297. Transfers were optional in both cases and were around £30 for 2 people, return.

All in all I am happy to reccomend people look at Great Late Deals when they are in need of a cheap holiday. The website performs well and they offer some good prices on a wide range of holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.