Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lastminute.com secret hotels review

Well despite my previous experience with the Lastminute top secret hotels, I have just booked another one. Here are the details. . .

This time I was booking for Amsterdam and up popped the top secret hotel at a cost of £66 per night. This time, rather than being a complete secret they had named firstly that it would be an NH hotel and secondly that it would be one of the following NH Schiller, NH Doelen, NH Caransa, Jolly Hotel Carlton so with information it was impossible to go wrong.

This time I looked on the NH hoteles website for a direct booking and got these prices.

NH Schiller, €125 per night
NH Doelen, €146 per night
NH Caransa, €110 per night
Jolly Hotel Carlton €94 per night (hotel now known as NH Carlton)

So a lot more expensive whichever hotel I end up with - it's like going back to the happy days of 1.6 € to the pound !

And having looked across far too many other hotel websites including Opodo, Expedia, hostelbookers, booking.com, laterooms, hotels.com and more..... I am confident that for the star rating I couldn't get better than the lastminute.com secret hotel.

If any readers have booked a secret hotel in Amsterdam anywhere else I would love it if you leave a comment with the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.