Thursday, February 12, 2009

Singapore hotel lets you pay what you want

Pay what you want for hotels !

A newly opened hotel in Singapore is letting customers pay whatever they want for stays. The Ibis hotel on Bencoolen is running a promotion for stays until the middle of March where some lucky guests can pay what they want for their stay. The hotel has a massive 538 rooms so it's easy to imagine they can afford to give away rooms in this way. The free marketing they will get in newspapers and blogs like this will more than pay for what they are "losing" on the room revenue.

It would be interesting to see how much people pay and whether people who stay for free are more inclined to pay for meals and mini-bar etc. I think I would.


Curious to see how much I could build my own package to Singapore for I had a quick look at Singapore Airlines just now, it will cost around £500 all told for a return flight to Singapore. Maybe I will wait until airlines start letting customers pay what they want for flights !


Hat tip : The pay what you want phenonenom first published on affiliate marketing for travel industry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.